Sunday, February 11, 2007

Hard Times

It is very exhausting to watch my Dad these days. He was diagnosed with lung cancer last January and about 3 weeks ago we found out that it has spread to his liver. He is now on a new Chemo treatment. This treatment is kicking his butt. He is in so much pain. I just watch him as he sleeps or rests and just by the way he breathes you can tell that he is in a lot of pain! It is heartbreaking to watch. He is also getting very thin. That is hard to see too. He is also on oxygen 24/7 now and it takes his breath away just to walk across the room.

I just came back from my parents yesterday after being there for 6 days. I worry about him when I'm not there. What if something happens.

Going through something like this takes a lot of faith. I learned that last year when I was dealing with the passing of my sister. I just feel emotionally drained and I just want my Dad to feel better and have some more great times with him! I want to take some of his pain away so that he doesn't have to hurt so bad! He has been hurting for so long!

Keep my Dad in your prayers! HE NEEDS IT!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I don't know how you do it. You and your family, especially your Daddy are in our prayers each night. Call me ANY time to talk. Love you.