Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The things you miss...

At the beginning of the year when I was writing all my family and friends birthday and anniversaries in my calendar I didn't think that I wouldn't be celebrating my Mommy & Daddy's 48th wedding anniversary. This is exactly what happened today!

I can't imagine how my Mom has felt today. The man that she had been with for 47 1/2 years isn't here to celebrate with her anymore. Isn't here to watch T.V. with. Isn't here to make her Sunday dinners. Isn't here to "beat' her. (That's what we used to call it when he gave her a massage.) Isn't here to have fires with in the winter. Isn't here to be a listening ear when she's had a wonderful day! Isn't here to argue with. Isn't here to listen to "his radio station". Isn't here to buy her little insignificant things. Isn't here to hear snore at night. (I miss that more than I ever imagined I would!) Isn't here to pass out money. Isn't here to hug. Isn't hear to kiss. Isn't here to take the trailer to the beach for vacation. Isn't here to just be in the house so she doesn't feel alone. There are so many things that I miss about my Dad and I'm sure that my Mom misses it even more.

When I pray at night I ALWAYS pray that my Mom will feel comfort and will feel as though she isn't alone. I pray for my Mom sometimes even more than myself.

As I reflect on all the things that I think my mother misses about my Dad whether good or bad, I realize that some of the petty everyday things that drive us nuts are sometimes the things that we miss most about them when they are gone!

Happy Anniversary Mommy & Daddy! =)

1 comment:

Heather said...

This makes me soooo sad...I wish there was something I could do to ease your pain. I pray every night that you are comforted :)