Friday, February 29, 2008

Our 4-day cruise...




Another great part of January was our cruise. It was a well needed vacation for Danny and I to spend some quality time together. To top it off, we got to spend some time with our best buds, Brenda and Jason.

Monday: Boarding the ship

We got on and ate! =) Isn't that what you are supposed to do? =) Then we had the dreaded drill. You always have to have a drill picture for a cruise picture collection. Then we went and climbed "the wall". It was a little higher than I thought and I didn't think that I'd make it but I made it to the bell. What a great feeling to accomplish that. (Obviously my first time.) Then we went and ate again, dinner, and after dinner we went to a show.

Tuesday : San Diego

I was very excited about San Diego because I knew I was going to be able to hang out with my cousin, Jeb. We picked us up and took us first to the San Diego Temple. What a beautiful and peaceful site! Then he took us around La Jolla. It was beautiful and fun! He dropped us off in old town and we ate at this amazing Mexican restaurant that made their own tortilla right in the front of the store. So yummy. We shopped a little bit and then took a taxi back to the ship. We took at "nap" and then had a show and dinner.

Wednesday: Catalina

The weather wasn't the greatest for Catalina. We shopped and walked and then on our way back to the ship it started raining which made for rough seas and Jason and Brenda were sea sick. We had dinner, formal night, and then went to a show.

Thursday: Encinada

We walked around and shopped and got back to the ship and cleaned ourselves. Encinada is SO disgusting! We went back to the ship and ate a late lunch. I was too afraid to eat in Encinada. =) Then we went to dinner for the last time. Danny decided to take the "mullet" with us and he picked tonight to dress up. It was tons of fun! I love Danny's silly side!!! We then went to a show and then to a fun game. (It was fun for Danny and I.) Then we called it a night because we had to pack up.

Friday: Los Angeles

We had our last Breakfast in the dining room an then waited for our color to be called. I was happy to get back to see my kids but sad that our vacation was over. It well worth the $160 per person that our travel agent, Brenda, found! =) Thanks Brenda!!!

No comments: