Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day..

I didn't know that Father's Day would be such a hard day for me but it really was.  I just wanted to call my Dad and tell him Happy Father's Day.  I reminded Danny of how lucky he is to be able to spend Father's Day with his Dad still.  I think that he knows how lucky he is.  We both miss my Dad tons.  It is really hard for me to honor other Dad's in my life when I'm not able to honor mine.

If I could sum up my Dad in one word it would be giving.  My Dad was the most giving person I have ever met.  I honestly don't ever think I will meet someone who gives more than my Dad.  Anyone who knew him know that about him.  He would sacrifice anything for himself to give to others.  I am so thankful to have had that example in my life.  I try to exemplify that in my life but I don't even come close to my Dad.  My dad was also hard working.  He had a great work ethic.

My father-in-law is spiritual and hard working.  Whenever I have a question about religion he is the first person I call.  He knows the doctrine of our gospel so well.  I just love spending time with him in the celestial room and just pick his brain.   He is also one of the hardest workers I have ever seen.

Danny, is also another father in my life.  The father of my children.  What an important role he plays.  The one word that I would pick to describe Danny is loving.  He has the biggest heart and loves so much.  This is what made me fall in love with him.  Danny also has a quirky side of him that I love and the kids love.  Unfortunately, everyone doesn't get to see this side of him but if you do it is hilarious!  =)

I am so thankful to have been blessed to have these three great fathers in my life.  

No comments: