Sunday, September 07, 2008

A time out definitely needed...

I went to a time out for women this weekend in Sacramento with Deanna, Dawna, Dacia, Darlene, Vola, Danicia, Deidra, and Taryn.  It was such an awesome weekend that words can not describe.  I laughed, I cried, I got sick, and I got inspired.   

It all started on Friday night.   We got to listen to Kenneth Cope and Cherie Call.  I think that Cherie Call has to my favorite LDS singer of all time.  She was so real and so amazing!  I just love her songs.  We all know that Kenneth Cope is also always amazing too.  Kenneth Cope has a song titled "White Dress" which made me realize how I really need to do my sister's temple work and that she is waiting on the other side for us to finish it.  Then we got to listen to James L. Ferrell.  He was great also because down is up and up is down.  (You totally understand that if you were there!) =)  

After that we went and grabbed a bit to eat.  This is where being sick comes into play.  I wasn't hungry and so I just had a milkshake.  Well, sometimes my body decides to be lactose intolerant and on Friday night and Saturday morning that is exactly what it did.  I was so sick all night.

Then on Saturday morning I was a little slow going because I felt so bad and we finally made it to TOFW about 45-an hour late.  I started feeling a little better at this point.  When we got there we got to hear the hilarious Mary Ellen Edmunds speak.  We came in on the later part of her speech and I was so disappointed because she was so great!  After her we heard from Kenneth Cope again.  Kenneth Cope sang all day Saturday through out all the speakers.  We heard from Car0lyn Rasmus, Camille Frank Olson, Sharen G. Larsen, and Jason Wright.  All of them were the great speakers.  It was a weekend that I will never forget between the couple next door to our hotel that we heard all night, to Taryn singing in a Karaoke bar, to being uplifted by Cherie Calls songs.   I am so glad that I decided to go it was a weekend that every woman needs to attend.  

I've come to realize that I get nothing out of church.  At my point in life I'm okay with the reason but I miss being spiritually uplifted every once in a while.  That is what this weekend gave me.  I didn't have children interrupting me so that I couldn't hear anything and I didn't have a calling to tend to.  It was just a weekend for me and all the girls.  I am so thankful that my husband gave me the time away to get spiritually uplifted.  I love him more than words can express. =)

2 comments:

Emily said...

That sounds awesome! Good for you and for your good husband to let you get away for a bit! Church is extremely difficult with the stages and ages of our children.... that's for sure!

Heather said...

Sorry you were so sick! That totally stinks! I'm glad you enjoyed what you could :)