Wednesday, January 21, 2009

100th day of school...




First of all, I can't believe that Isabella has been in school for 100 days.  This school year has just flown by!  It is crazy!!

For Isabella's 100th day of school she was supposed to dress up like a 100 year old woman.  That was not an easy task for me but her outfit turned out great!  I went to the $1 store to get her pink grandma glasses, which was her favorite part of her outfit.  Then I put her hair in a bun and put baby powder in it.  (Thanks Brenda for the idea!)  It was so adorable with her white hair.   Then I put the longest skirt we had on her and a sweater and walla Isabella became a 100 year old woman.  =)

Thanks to Brenda I was able to go into Isabella's classroom and help out.  They did things a little different this time.  They had a different activity in each classroom.  The activities were:
-100 day coloring page with 100 pictures
-100 day glasses
-100 day hat
-building with 100 things
-counting their 100 things they brought to school (Isabella brought buttons)
-then they weighed their 100 things against another set of 100 things.

It is way cool.  They also had a 101 year old man come to school that day.  They did a lot more after I left too like make a necklace out of 100 fruit loops.  They also brought home a snack that had 100 things in it.  It is just amazing all the time and effort that the K/1st team puts into days like this.  They are amazing!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

What a cute idea! My kids' 100th day of school is coming up here soon. Crazy.... soon I'll have a FIFTH grader and SECOND grader! AHHHH

Heather said...

Super cute! She is the cutest 100 year old lady ever!

brenda Casper said...

Where the heck did they find a 101 year old man?!