Friday, January 02, 2009

A Year in review..


What did you do in 2008 that you have never done before?
Bought a Mac...I have to tell you that I was honestly nervous but it is the best decision I have ever made!

Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for 2009?  
Well, lets just say that most of my last year resolutions are this years with a few added. 

Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend Wendy Bates gave birth to a baby boy on December 23 at 12am.

Did anyone close to you die in 2008?
I think that the deal toll in my family in 2006 and 2007 made up for not having anyone this year.  There was one man that did pass away that I was saddened by and that was 
President Hinckley.  I wouldn't say that we were "close" but I really enjoyed listening to his inspiration as a prophet and I will miss that!  A friend of mine lost her baby boy.  Angel Michael was only 3 months old when he passed away.  I had the pleasure of taking pictures of him about a week before he passed away.  

What countries did you visit this year?
Mexico on a cruise

What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Weight Loss.
What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 28th, the day my baby girl started Kindergarten.  It was a bitter sweet.  I was so sad to see her grow up but she was so happy to go.  I didn't really realize how much I missed having her home until these past few weeks that sh
e has been home.  It has been pure joy!

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Keep my photography business going in an economy that is struggling.  I was really worried but I did very well.  Also, that I potty trained my son.  Didn't think it would ever happen.
What was your biggest struggle in 2008?
Missing my Daddy and Sister.  You'd think that time would heal my wounds but it just keeps getting worse.  The more milestones that my kids have the more I miss them both and wish they were here to see it.

Did you suffer any illness or injury in 2008?
I didn't have either but I did have 2 MRI's that amounted to nothing!  Just a big bill.  They still haven't found the cause of my heartbeat in my ear that I've had for 14 months or if the cyst in my brain is causing any problems.  Sometimes I wonder what doctors are really for?  I will need another MRI to see if there are any changes this year.

What was the best thing you bought this year?
My Mac.
Whose behavior merited celebration?
Melinda Adams...even through the grief of her daughter, Trinity, she seems to keep going and keeps her daughters memory alive by many acts of service.  She still morns the loss of her daughter as any Mother would and is totally honest about it.  I think this is amazing!  I love her honesty and strength.  She is an amazing Mother and person that I look up to. (This is a picture of Melinda giving gifts to a hospital this year at Christmas.)

Whose behavior disappointed you?
Why would I even begin to answer this question on here!

Where did most of your money go?
To bills...where else does it go?

What did you get really really excited
 about this year?
Chase being potty trained.  We are officially in underwear everyday as of November.  

What song will always remind you of 2008?
Jingle Bells, Gap Style.  I think I've listened to it about 76 times!!  =)

Compared to this time last year, are you: much happier, much nicer, or richer?
Well, I'm definitely not richer but I am always happy and I hope that I am nicer too.  That is something that I can always work on.  I need to be much nicer to those I love.
What were some of the most memorable trips you went on this year?
1. A cruise to Mexico
2. Disneyland with Grandma Hockey (Auntie Heather, Uncle Doug, Serenity, and Landen met us there)
3. Visiting Auntie DD in Pismo (playing with Joran and Keanu) 4 times!
4. A week in San Diego with Grandma Hockey

What do you wish you had done more of?
Service.

What do you wish you had done less of?
Eat.

Did you fall in love in 2008?
I am already in love!

What were your favorite TV programs in 2008?
I don't think that this blog is long enough to hold them all.  2008 is the official first full year that I have had DVR and it showed!  My favorite would have to be a tie between House, Fringe, American Idol, and The Hills.  Other shows that I love are: Mentalist, So you think you can Dance, The Bachelorette, The Office, Making the Band, and Secret Millionaire.  I know that I'm missing a ton but I just can't think of them right now. 

What were your best books you read this year?
Well, the only book that I read this year was the first 5 chapters of Twilight.

What was your greatest musical discovery this past year?
That Britney's (my niece) taste in music stinks!  Sorry Britney!
What did you want and get?
An Ipod.  I got a purple 16G Ipod Nano for Christmas from Danny.  Love it!  =)

What was the best movie you saw this year?
Hummm...let me guess, YES MAN!

What did you do on your birthday and how old did you turn?
I turned 31 this year and on my birthday I was in San Diego.  I actually got to see a great friend, Emily Fellmer, that I haven't seen in years.  Danny and I met her at a Chevy's and just hung out...it was awesome to see her.

What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
More dates with my husband.  This year we have both made the goal to go out once a month.  Also, spending more time with family.  

How would you describe your personal fashion statement this year? Four words....New York and Company

What kept you sane this year?
A cruise with Danny, Brenda, and Jason. It was the first time since Danny and I had kids that we both went away without them.  It was well needed but we missed our kidos SO much!  

What celebrity did you fancy the most?
Is this even a question?  Jim Carrey!

Who did you miss this past year?
I miss my Daddy and my sister the most but other than that I would have to say my Mom, Tracy Furness and Heather Brandow.  My mom comes down to visit often but of course I would love to see her more!  Tracy moved to Utah a few years ago but I have thought about her quite a bit this year and would love to go visit her sometime in 2009.  It is time!  Heather lives in Fresno which isn't that far away but with our kids getting older we just don't seem to find the time to see each other as often as we used to.  I miss that!

Who were the best new people you met this year?
Kaylene and Riiana from gymnastics.  Kaylene wasn't a new person I met this year but our friendship did grow much more this year.  I am so sad to see her move to Ripon.  =(   Riiana and I have a great social hour on Thursdays.  =)

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year.
I need to keep my mouth shut.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Nice to find out so much more about you! It's been a while you know! I need to do this post... we'll see if I ever get to it!

Heather said...

This post is way cute and very informative :) We need to get together before the baby is born. I have to come up two times in February for appointments and then if the baby doesn't come before March 10th, I will probably come up the Friday before after Ren gets out of school and just have her miss Monday. She has already requested that she wants to be at Auntie Misty's while Mommy is in the hospital, so maybe we can arrange some time for the kids to play while Mommy is in labor. :) Love ya!

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

aaaawww Misty...you are so sweet! What an amazing post, and what an amazing compliment you gave me! I love your tribute to your dad and sister. Thank you for what you said about Trinity and Me...I love you Misty!