Monday, July 06, 2009

MIchael Jackson...

Well, since I have been traveling so much I haven't had the opportunity to write my thoughts on the death of Michael Jackson. What a shock it was to hear that Michael Jackson had died. As I thought back to when Thriller was released (I was 6) I remember it still years later and watching it on MTV. As a child I LOVED Michael Jackson. His music, dancing, and style were so popular and beyond their time. I loved every hit song of his and remember dancing and signing to them with my friends. I even remember trying to do the moonwalk and totally sucking at it! =) Then in college I did a sign and song to this song still 13 years later I loved this song!

I also feel very sorry for Michael Jackson. He had to grow
up very young and also dealt with an abusive father. Then the allegations of child abuse came and the media hung him. He wasn't even able to have a fair trial. The only person who truly knows Michael Jackson's heart is God. I feel that he got screwed. He was rich and there were some who saw the perfect opportunity to make some great money. Michael Jackson in my eyes was like a child. Never having the opportunity to have a childhood he strived as an adult to have one. If someone abused my child there isn't a dollar amount that I'd take to let him go. That person would pay. I would hope that others would love their child enough to do the same thing. This is one reason why I feel that Jackson got screwed.

Well, now he is a peace with himself and now he will
be remembered as the King of Pop!

1958-June 25, 2009

Also the same day we had the death of Farrah Fawcett. What a remarkable woman she was. I saw a documentary of her struggle with cancer and it broke my heart at all the fighting she did and ultimately cancer won in the end. To have to watch someone die of cancer is the worst thing. If you haven't had the chance you have to watch the documentary. It is amazing!

3 comments:

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

I've grown up being a Michael Jackson fan...I didn't hear about his death in the Academy until a few days after it happened (I'm so far away from the outside world while in the Academy). My heart breaks for the Jackson family...never easy to say goodbye to a loved one!

april said...

i loved this post -- i feel exactly the same way -- and i've been getting so much crap for it. i loved him and am sad he's gone

brenda Casper said...

Hold on.... (I'm reaching for the tissues)