Saturday, January 09, 2010

Isabella's 6th birthday









For Isabella's 6th birthday party we had a Scooby-doo swim party. Isabella had to have Scooby-doo. She actually wanted it last year but I put it off until this year. It turned out to be TONS of fun but we had a lot of drama to start out the party.

When we got to the indoor swim pool there was a sign on the door that said, "Pool is closed due to chemical imbalance. We're sorry for the inconvenience." You can only imagine the sick feeling that I had when I read that sign. I was honestly hoping that it was from the day before. Then the pool manager came up to the door and asked if I was Misty and told me that the chemicals were all messed up and he was doing his best to get us in there in about an hour and a half. (As you can see in the last picture, the chlorine was very strong!) That was totally messed up my plans but at least we would get to swim. I then called Little Caesars Pizza to change my pizza order to right then and we had pizza, cake, and presents first even though I wanted them last. Everything turned out great and the party was a success. The kids LOVED to be able to swim in November, including Isabella.

Isabella wanted to invite her entire class at school. This is another reason why her birthday party had to be somewhere where we could accommodate everyone. She had a great group there. She was also spoiled with her gifts which by the way the thank you will be out soon.

We had tons of family that traveled really far to be there to make Isabella's day very special! My brother and his family came all the way from Bakersfield. I was shocked when I saw him walk up. It was a great surprise! Then my cousin and her family came from Fresno and my Sister-in-law and her family came from Fresno also.

The cake was made by a really good friend. She did an amazing job. I couldn't have asked for a better cake. It also tasted wonderful!!

I made sugar cookies for the favor. They turned out yummy too. It was so much work...never again.

After the party we had tons of family over to our house and then went to Tio Pepes for dinner. It was a wonderful day but I was exhausted!


3 comments:

april said...

what a fun party. my girls would love that -- i'll have to keep that in mind for parties to come.

Heather said...

We had a blast! I didn't think the kids were ever going to get out of the pool :)

brenda Casper said...

So awesome! The kids loved the pool, and thanks for letting me hang out and be part of the fam for the rest of the day. We had a blast.... but I'm still waiting for that thank you card :)