Thursday, July 17, 2008

Shocked!!!!

I just discovered this evening that a 3rd grade teacher that I worked with when I was teaching at Joseph Widmer Elementary school was arrested for molesting students as young as 8.  You see this a lot on the news but it never happens where you are. 

 I just can't believe that Mike would do somthing like this and some news that I found out today makes me know that he is innocent.  It just makes me sick that someone can ruin someone's life this easy!  He was a great teacher that went above and beyond! (changed on July 24th)

2 comments:

joe said...

Do not believe all you read and hear. you are judging Mike before he has a trial. It is hard to believe that a great teacher's career can be ruined and life torn upside down by accusations with no evidence. There is lots and lots of family and friends that support and believe Mike is innocent.(enough to raise the 250,000 bail) This could easily be anyone of us!

Joe Widmer

Misty said...

Hey Joe,

I have actually felt really sorry for Mike. I know how parents can be in that neighborhood and I wouldn't be surprised it it was a manhunt against him. I wrote this the day I found out but since then have drastically changed my mind. If it is true then he should be punished and if it is isn't true then poor Mike because his life will never be the same!! Mike doesn't seem like the type of person who would do this but you just never know. I have actually wrote on badbadteacher.com about how he shouldn't be judged and is innocent until proven guilty. Sorry if I have offended you.

Misty