Thursday, September 11, 2008

A day I will never forget...

On the morning of September 11, 2001 I got up early to get ready for school and I turned on the T.V.  I never turned on the T.V. in the morning because I was always rushing but for some reason that morning I turned it on.  When I turned on the T.V. the first plane had already crashed into the first tower.  I was in shock as I watched in horror as the second plane hit.  I will never forget my feeling as I saw that plane hit.  Right after that I had to leave to go to school.  I remember listening to the radio about it that morning and when I got to school they had the T.V. on in the teacher's lounge.   

That day was so different and weird on campus.  Everyone was so quiet.  You could just tell that everyone was in shock.

This was my first year teaching.  What a horrible tragedy to deal with on my first year.  

I will NEVER forget that day.

1 comment:

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

I was pregnant with Trinity and we had just found out a few days prior to 9-11 that she was coming to us as a very sick baby. So not only was my little world crashing down, but so was our world on American Soil! I remember thinking "WHY AM I BRINGING A BABY INTO THIS HORRIBLE WORLD??!!!" I was so emotional that day as I watched the news, plus the hormones of being pregnant didn't help...sad day. I too will never forget that day.