Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I hope...


I would love to document all of my feelings about what has transpired in the last two days.  I am going to try to be very optimistic.

1. I loved McCains speach last night.  It was amazing and so humble!  I hoped that he would have been voted in.  Such a bummer!

2. I am so thankful to live in a nation where race doesn't matter anymore.  I know that there are some that it does matter to but I am glad that a majority of our country can look beyond someone's skin color.  I wish that the same could be said for religious beliefs.  I hope that our nation can one day be accepting of others religious beliefs and not try and fight them for what they believe in.

3. I am glad that I was able to witness a part of history.  To be quite honest with you, I did not vote for Obama.  I really wanted McCain to win.  It is still cool to know that this will be in the history books and I was a part of it.  =)  I just hope that America didn't make a mistake.

4. I sure hope that Obama can live up to what everyone thinks he can.  He seems to be promising more than he can actually change especially in times like our country is in right now.

5.  I hope that the opponents to Proposition 8 will just give up and realize that California has voted twice on the same issue and has had the same outcome!   I am so thankful that all the prayers, fasting, hard work, dedication, and faith of many people has paid off in the passing of Proposition 8.  I just hope that we don't have to fight this battle again.  It was exhausting emotionally and spiritually.  But for now we have won the battle.    =)

2 comments:

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

Although I'm not an Obama fan, I was more concerned for Prop 8 passing then for Obama to become the next president. Prop 8 passed, and I'm so relieved. Like you said, now let's see what Obama will do...it will be interesting to witness. I'm just glad the election is over...they always get very nasty.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better! Love the way you phrased everything you said!! Good for you!! (By the way, still miss you, and your wonderful family!!)