Sunday, August 01, 2010

Isabella's 1st day of 2nd grade

What a big girl on the first day of school. She just looks so big to me here.



You have to notice all the details because Isabella was VERY specific about them. They had to be just right!

Isabella picked out a Wizards of Waverly Place backpack. She honestly doesn't love the show I just think she liked the colors. She really wanted a Scooby Doo backpack but it was on wheels and we can't have wheels at VSA. I don't have a picture of her lunchbox, but I should. She picked out a Scooby Doo lunch box. She's been wanting this lunchbox for years but I couldn't justify buying a new one when the other one was in perfect condition. I don't love the character backpacks but I don't allow them to wear things like this so I figured I'd let them at least get to pick it our for a backpack. I'm hoping that she will want a Jansport soon.

You notice that Isabella has two hair things in her hair. She has a headband that she picked out for the first day of school but we also had to add the heart scrunchie. After I finished Isabella hair, and it looked beautiful all curly, she started crying saying that it was too big. She just cracks me up. So we had to add this to tame it. Anything to stop the tears, right? You aren't supposed to cry on the first day of school.

The shoes that Grandma Hockey bought Isabella for the first day of school. Isabella like these because they had stars on them because our mascot at the school is the Stars.

The earrings that Isabella picked out for the first day of school.

I love this picture of the two kiddos together on the first morning of school. This year we are no longer called University Public School (UPS). We are now Vincent Shalvey Academy. I will have another post on the details of the name change.

Here is Isabella's adorable teacher. Her name is Mrs. Baumann. We just love her to pieces. We are so excited to be in her classroom. She is the teacher that we were hoping for. =)

I always give the teachers a little something on the first day of school that the entire class can use. We gave Mrs. Baumann a class set of glue sticks and pencils plus a teachers journal for her. I attached a cute little poem.

Here is my big 2nd grader standing in line. I can't believe that my little girl is a big 2nd grader. How time is flying! My goal now that both of my kiddos are in school is to be involved as much as I can so that I can be a part of this time in their life. Time flies and I don't want any regrets. Here's to a great 2nd grade year!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I cannot believe she is in second grade, HELL-O where has the time gone!! Love the hello kitty earrings ;)