Sunday, August 01, 2010

Chase's first day of Kindergarten

Here is my big Kindergartner. He looks so big!! I'm so sad that he is starting Kindergarten but also so happy for him. He is so ready and is so excited. He can't wait to go to sissy's BIG school and have Mrs. Tiede.

I just love his freckles.


This is Chase's new favorite pose. He has to do it EVERYTIME I take pictures of him. He is always my little jokester when he takes pictures.

He had to have "Rock Star" hair for his first day of school. I just love his spikes and those blue eyes.

Here are the shoes that he picked out. He is so proud of his new Sketchers. He wasn't to wear them the moment he got them and asked all the time but we saved them for the first day of school. Grandma Hockey bought these for him.

Here is the backpack that Chase picked out. He has a matching lunchbox too. Daddy helped him pick it out. He was so excited to use it. On the first day of school he was waiting by the front door with it on ready to go!

On the way back to school after the name changing ceremony. He was so upset that he didn't start school the same time Sissy did. He told me that Sissy was having fun and he wasn't.

Here is Chase with Mrs. Tiede on the first day of school. We are SO excited to have Mrs. Tiede again with Chase. She is A GREAT teacher!

I always get the teachers a present on the first day of school. We got Mrs. Tiede a class set of crayons and a teacher's journal.


Here is his new backpack and matching lunch box
.
Here is Chase and his best buddy Kaden. They have so much fun together. Thank goodness they aren't in the same class they would crazy. But I'm glad that they can play together at recess.

There he is my big Kindergartner. =( He is in his college stance and ready to go.

This year they did things a little different because of the name change ceremony. The Kinders started school at lunch, 11:30, instead of at the beginning of the day. They ate lunch and then played. Chase's playing time was off to a bad start with 2 first graders shoving him off the playground but he saw Kaden a little later and snapped out of it. After recess time they lined up and the Mommies said goodbye.

I know that Mommy was having a much harder time with this whole Kindergarten thing than he is. He was SO excited and Mommy was so sad. I knew this day was coming fast but it came much faster than expected. What a hard day for me. I hope this gets better.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love all the details! He looks excited and ready to go! It HAS to get better :) and it will :) Thinking of him and you everyday. Loves!