Saturday, April 12, 2008

A poem...

I just read a poem about my Dad that my niece Lindsay wrote. It is amazing and I thought I'd share it!
Adieu

Pain surges from left to right,
my chest collapses and holds tight.
Quick, short gasps of life i barely grasp,
my sight and voice leave, "why?" i ask.

My daughter labors at my side with love,
she say's that i'll soon be with those above.
I hear her voice, but i can't respond.
A tear escapes, all hope now gone.

Next my granddaughter's voice full of sobs,
lays next to my gasping body, soon joining God's.
she tells me "i love you and always will"
again, no response, only tears that spill.

I fight, i reach for my life, i'm not ready...
Suddenly...it's quiet...i begin to feel steady.
My wife's soft touch felt so warm on my cheek,
then it fades...my world now bleak.

My family weeps and weeps,
I now only talk to my granddaughter while she sleeps.
I can finally say "I love you too!
For now, forever, Adieu..."

Lindsay Darlene Clemmons

No comments: